Current:Home > MyChainkeen|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Quantum Capital Pro
Chainkeen|Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
Robert Brown View
Date:2025-04-06 18:20:06
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party,Chainkeen which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (1)
Related
- Former longtime South Carolina congressman John Spratt dies at 82
- 5 Things podcast: Israeli airstrikes hit refugee camps as troops surround Gaza City
- Billy the Kid was a famous Old West outlaw. How his Indiana ties shaped his roots and fate
- French justice minister is on trial accused of conflict of interest
- What to know about Tuesday’s US House primaries to replace Matt Gaetz and Mike Waltz
- The RHONY Legacy: Ultimate Girls Trip Trailer Is Bats--t Crazy in the Best Way Possible
- Human skull found in Florida thrift store, discovery made by anthropologist
- New Edition announces Las Vegas residency dates starting in late February after touring for 2 years
- 'Survivor' 47 finale, part one recap: 2 players were sent home. Who's left in the game?
- Live updates | Israeli warplanes hit refugee camps in Gaza while UN agencies call siege an ‘outrage’
Ranking
- Paula Abdul settles lawsuit with former 'So You Think You Can Dance' co
- Summer House's Paige DeSorbo Strips Down to $5,600 Crystal Panties at BravoCon Red Carpet
- Car crashes into pub’s outdoor dining area in Australia, killing 5 and injuring 6
- 'We're going to see them again': Cowboys not panicking after coming up short against Eagles
- The company planning a successor to Concorde makes its first supersonic test
- 5 Things podcast: US spy planes search for hostages in Gaza
- Loss to Chiefs confirms Dolphins as pretenders, not Super Bowl contenders
- Google’s antitrust headaches compound with another trial, this one targeting its Play Store
Recommendation
South Korean president's party divided over defiant martial law speech
Luis Diaz appeals for the release of his kidnapped father after scoring for Liverpool
Tupac Shakur Way: Oakland street named in rapper's honor, 27 years after his death
Slipknot drummer Jay Weinberg leaves band after 10-year stint: 'We wish Jay all the best'
Trump suggestion that Egypt, Jordan absorb Palestinians from Gaza draws rejections, confusion
Willie Nelson, Sheryl Crow and Missy Elliott inducted into Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
Baltimore Catholic church to close after longtime pastor suspended over sexual harassment settlement
Loss to Chiefs confirms Dolphins as pretenders, not Super Bowl contenders